Pages

Friday, August 15, 2008

The end of summer...

Hi, everyone! Thank you so much for lovely comments and get well wishes!
I'd appreciate for them all, I always love to read all the comments!

As for my toothache, thanks to the medicine that the dentist gave me, it is getting better now!
But as I still have been suffering from stiff neck, I haven't been stitching at all, more than 2 weeks doing nothing is the first time for me, since I have started stitching!
Instead of doing nothing, I have been watching Olympic games everyday, and have been playing with my son a lot!

I hope the dentist will be able to fix my bad tooth next week when I visit him...
I want to do stitch soon!!!


By the way, today is the anniversary of the end of the war.
This song from Naotaro Moriyama is an antiwar song... ("Natsu no Owari" = The end of summer)



"Natsu no Owari" by Naotaro Moriyama

In the lyrics the word "war" isn't used at all, but this song is about a girl has been keep waiting for a boyfriend to come back from the war.
I think this is very beautiful song.

Take care everyone,

Happy stitching!


9 comments:

Nancy said...

Hello Yuko,
I have been watching Olympic games also. The athletes are amazing, aren't they? They are so skilled in what they do and so fun to watch. Does your little boy like them too?

I hope the dentist can fix your tooth when you visit him again. And, thank you for sharing the beautiful song of Naotaro. His music always creates pictures in my mind. His voice is so beautiful!

Margaret said...

Yuko
I am so pleased your tooth is being treated. I hope it will get completely better for you.

Carol R said...

Glad you feel a little better Yuko and will be able to stitch really soon

Dorothy said...

Yuko, I've enjoyed reading your blog and seeing all the beautiful work you have done. I also had a problem with my neck, too much cross stitch! That is when I started quilting. I still cross stitch, but just a little at a time.
Your little boy is very cute. They grow up too fast!

Carla said...

I'm so sorry you haven't been able to stitch because of your stiff neck :( Hope you feel better soon.

Brigitte said...

Oh Yuko, I feel with you. Having a bad tooth isn't fun at all and I'm glad that you begin to feel somewhat better.

Brenda Keyes' sampler looks already very beautiful and although it's your nightmare sampler, lol, you will be happy when it's done. It will be a great sampler.

Olga said...

I am sorry to hear that you are not well, hope the dentist helps you. Take better care of yourself, I am looking forward to seeing your beautiful stitching very soon again.

Debbies-English-Treasures said...

Hello! I just found you through Susimac.
And I`m so glad that I did!
Your cross-stitch work... it`s wonderful!
I hope that you feel better soon!
As I`m so looking forward to see more of your cross-stitch creations!
Kisses Kisses
Debbie moss
xxx
(FROM ENGLAND)

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry that i have not visited you for a while and when i do i find you have been unwell. I do hope that you get better soon i know how you feel because i had severe headaches and neck pain and it stemmed from wisdom teeth trying to come through and a root canal that had been infected, I eventually had to have all the above out and it was very painful i was glad when it was all over. I hopeyours is simple and easily fixed. best wishes hope to see your stitching self soon