Pages

Thursday, March 04, 2010

"Quaker Garden" Finished & BBD New WIP

Hi everyone! Thank you for stopping by.
Finally I finished BBD "Quaker Garden" (Loose Feathers #19).
Yahoo! It was very fun to stitch along, I don't know why I left this for ages...
I added "2010" and my initials, what I like in this pattern is two of white birds on both sides!
Aren't they beautiful?
I love grayish blue outline so much!


I already have found the frame online, so would like to buy it soon!
I hope it will be beautiful in the frame!

How about this marbled (original, lol) linen?
I think it turned out beautiful as seeing the finished piece!
And here is my new WIP! I fell in love with BBD more and more, so I started LF#38 "Summer Basket" that Sally at Salty Yarns traded with my scissors!
She kindly kitted up this beautiful pattern! Thank you Sally!
The thread colours are very softer than the original photo, so it's like spring has already come!!
To stitch this make me feel so comfortable and relax.
Here is a photo that the stitched piece on the black lap top.
I think you can see a little bit clearer than on the carpet.
I hope I can go forward speedy and would like to order frame for this, too!

After I updated this post, I will continue to stitch this!! :D
Today finally Sweetie could go to Preschool since his absence.
And today "Curry Party" was held there, so I went there, too!
He is very picky and he doesn't eat veggies and fruits at all at home, though he eats veggies at Preschool, huh? that means my meal taste not good? lol
I hope he eats them when he grew up!








By the way, as for the scissors, some items are out of stock, and I want to stitch very much now, and also have private exchange in this month, so please let me have my own time to concentrate on stitching, please!

I will re-open my scissors blog again soon, and will let you know about details here and there!


Take care and have a lovely day!
Happy stitching!




Design : "Quaker Garden" (Loose Feathers #19) © Blackbird Designs
Fabric : 30ct Garden State Java by R & R Reproductions
Thread : WDW and GAST


Design : "Summer Basket" (Loose Feathers #38) © Blackbird Designs
Fabric : 30ct St. Valentine's Blend by R & R
Thread : WDW and GAST




30 comments:

Sally said...

Congratulations on finishing Quaker Garden Yuko! It is so pretty. Also love your new start:)

Anonymous said...

Yuko, I love your new starts. The colors in "Summer Basket are so soft looking it must be a pleasure to stitch. Congratulations on your finish!

Josie(from Canada)

angelasweby said...

Yuko,
Quaker Garden looks wonderful. I'm not surprised you are so happy to see it finished. The colour of the linen is really lovely. Can't wait to see it in its frame.

Your new piece is going to be just as enjoyable to stitch, I can see that. I love those colours - of course :>)

I laughed when I read about Sweetie eating veggies at kindergarten but not at home. That is so funny and has nothing at all to do with your cooking. It is SO normal :>) Mind you, I don't think he looks very happy in your picture...haha!
Angela xx

Nancy said...

Your Quaker Garden is lovely Yuko, and it looks so pretty on your choice of linen. This is one of my favorite samplers I have stitched. Your Summer Basket will be very pretty too, and it's so soft looking.

Very cute picture of Sweetie! Enjoy your stitching!

Marie said...

What a beuatiful job on your Quaker Garden. BBD are wonderful, I too love them!

Help... :) I cannot find your address and I have your exchange ready to mail out, can you email it to me again?
Thanks!

Vinniey said...

All your WIP are so so beautiful! Sweetie is so cute! My 5-year-old daughter hate veggie too.

Melissa said...

Congratulations on finishing Quaker Garden. It's such a lovely piece. I am intrigued with Summer Basket but I'm not sure about the colours. Oh there's just so many lovely things to stitch out there!

selene said...

Wonderful! It's a beauty!

Dovilė said...

hello Yuko, congrats on your beautiful quaker sampler:) and very nice this new WIP, so gentle colors:)
and thanks for scissors:)))

Natasha said...

Yes I love your original marbling on the fabric LOL Your finished QG looks fantastic I am also working on thsi one. I too put it away for some time but I am happy to be stitching on it again. Spring Basket looks great!!!

Take Care

Margaret said...

Yuko, kids always do that! They'll eat things with friend or at friends' houses that they would never eat at home! lol! I tried once or twice cooking whatever it was at home after my son ate it elsewhere, but it usually didn't work. Too bad! I love your two BBD pieces. So beautiful! Looking forward to a Summer Basket finish!

valerie said...

Congrats on your Quaker Garden finish! It looks wonderful. Love your new wip too!

Pilar said...

I like Quaker Garden and your new start (I love the colors).
Kisses to Tass.
Hugs from Barcelona

Theresa said...

Beautiful finish, Yuko!!!!!! Congratulations~~~~~~

Yasuko (yskmtmr) said...

Yukoさん、こんにちは!
素敵な作品が出来上がりましたね。額装したものを拝見するのも、楽しみにしていますよ~。
Tassくん、元気になったようで、なりよりです(^-^)。
春は、学年学期の区切りで、またなにかと忙しくなるだろうけれど、お互い、ステッチを楽しめたら、嬉しいですね!
では、また(^o^)/
Yasuko

Linda K's Stitching Corner said...

Your stitching is very beautiful....and I love your WIP too...great progress.

Congratulations on your finish. I just love to read your Blog.

Take care & Happy Stitching
Linda K, Railroad

Carol R said...

Beautiful finish on Quaker Garden - can't wait to see it framed. Great new start on the colours of Spring Basket are gorgeous.

Tell Sweetie that his Aunt Carol says to try his mum's veggies and fruits as they are much nicer than those at kindergarten! Don't worry Yuko - even the most fussiest eaters change as they grow up.

Hugs to you both!

Rachel said...

Yuko,

Congrats on your Quaker Garden finish. It looks lovely!

The Summer Basket definitely reminds one of the spring! The soft colors are gorgeous.

Have a great weekend!

Jane said...

Wonderful projects, Yuko! Quaker Garden has turned out lovely and your original 'dying' adds to it. I love Summer Basket and have it in my stash to do. What fabric are you stitching it on?

Karoline said...

Congratulations on finishing Quaker Garden, it's gorgeous

Berit said...

These colours are so lovely; what a joy to visit your blog and see them. I think the white birds are also my favorite, and the "accidental dye" looks perfect! ;D

Thinking about Vegetables, I'm very thankful that Dear Marc's mom made him eat everything--now he is thankful when I cook and will eat almost anything (except melon fruits, and dried fruit-especially raisins, which he callse "Eggs of Death". lol). He was astonished the first time I made okayu (or is it shiragayu, not sure;) because I cut the ginger like 2 cm long matchstitcks. His mom used to cut it up so that they were like potato chips--a busy lady, indeed! But, she is an excellent cook.

Sweetie's tastes will change as he grows. It's good that he is willing to get along at the Kindergarten by eating the food everyone is having. Maybe he refuses to eat it at home because he is holding out for you to make him his favorite dish of your cooking, but at the school he knows they have only made the one menu item. :D He will be just fine.

Well, anyway, enjoy as much stitching time as you like, and maybe someday open the scissor sale again! :D

Andrea said...

Congratulations on your finish, it's lovely. A great new start too.

Charlene ♥ NC said...

You have such a beautiful finish - and I too love the white birds. Your new start with the lovely soft colors is very nice, too! Eating new foods is part of the growing process for Kindergarten - and the rest of school years, too!

Vaida said...

Great finish, Yuko! And a great start on Summer Basket!

Susan @ Real Girl Designs said...

Cute picture of Sweetie!

Congratulations on your Quaker Garden finish - it's really beautiful!

Nice start on your Summer Basket,too - I like the linen you're stitching it on.

Anonymous said...

I love your work, it is all so beautiful.
Gerry (NL)

Raven/Missy said...

I love upir Quaker Garden, it looks great! Summer Basket looks great too, very pretty Spring colors.

Brigitte said...

I have always loved Quaker Garden very much. But I think I'm in good company here as so many stitchers like BBD dsign so much. They are clearly among my favourites. Your new project is so nice as well.

Lelia said...

Beautiful Stitching!!! Quaker Garden is stunning : )

Patricia Lessell said...

Sorry I am so late in posting a comment on your stitching. It is absolutely beautiful and I love the color of the fabric that you used for Quaker Garden and also for your latest start (sorry can't remember what it's called just that it is a BBD which I LOVE LOVE LOVE).
Lots of Love
Patti xxx