Pages

Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Biscornu - Small Token Of My Gratitude

Today, I've finished to make a biscornu!
This is a small token of my gratitude for a lady who has helped me a lot these for three years.
But we have to say good bye as she will move back to her home town, and as she knows that my hobby is embroidery so wanted to show what kind of things I have been making and working on, and also to show my appreciation.






But as you may know that I'd been working on Pretty Pleasures 1759 (on the last post) at the same time, I had to hurry up to finish this because I have to hand this to her on Thursday (tomorrow)!


I wanted to add more spider web roses like my profile photo, but I had no time to add more and so finished as the photo shows.


I used COSMO (Japanese company) Seasons cotton thread, as you see it's like hand dyed thread and very beautiful gradation threads.
I used two strands together for cross stitch and also for back stitch, but used one strand for spider web roses to show roses more beautifully.


This is the back side of biscornu, as I mentioned I didn't have enough time, so made it easy.
Just stitched triangle shape with satin stitch.


I made it easier than I wanted to make, but quite satisfied this finished piece.
I hope she will like it and receive this with pleasure.


I don't wanna say good bye, but c'est la vie.
Hope everything is going well with her and also me!

Take care and thanks for visiting!
Bye for now,




Fabric : 32ct DMC (white)
Threads : COSMO Seasons, DMC #704

8 comments:

MANUELA ALBANESE said...

Lovely !!!

Alena Gracheva said...

Так красиво! Нежно, изящно, трогательно!

Nancy said...

Very pretty Yuko! I'm sure your friend will treasure your gift!

Vickie said...

I think it looks elegant the way it is. Great job. :)

Chocolates4Breakfast (Terri Malinovich) said...

It's beautiful in its simplicity! I'm sure she'll treasure your sweet gift.

valerie said...

Beautiful gift for your friend! I am sure she will love it!

Yuko said...

I'm gonna hand it to her soon!
Hope she likes it!
Thanks for your lovely comment!

Rachel said...

What a lovely gift! I'm sure your friend will cherish it as a show of your appreciation and thankfulness for all her help. Heartfelt gifts are the best.