Pages

Sunday, July 22, 2007

My mum's first work!

My mum has just started doing cross stitch with me! So I gave her fabrics (Aidas which I've bought at very first when I've started cross stitch) and she has chosen THIS from lots of charts that I have, for the first stitch!


How is this?
I think she has really well done as the first work!!
It's really pretty design, so I want to try to stitch this some other time!

When I downloaded them, they were free, but unfortunately, include this, they are not free chart anymore...
I must say I was really lucky!

She finished as an ornament, trimmed with code and made tassel by herself with the left code, but as they were twisted, it shrunk when she untied, LOL

Recently we found and bought so many tassels, so next time when I try to finish like this, I will use proper tassel!
Just to make sure, I've asked her if she tries to use the proper tassel and undo, but she said that she is satisfied this result and so leave it as it is... so it's of course still shrunk, whenever I see, LOL


Here is the backing fabric. This fabric was my favourite, lovely isn't it?!
But it really suit well for this design I thought and she liked this as well, I pleased to gave it to her to use!
Now she has been trying to stitch another one from Echevette and when it finished she will try to more bigger design which she felt in love at the first sight!




[note] Free Chart (it's not free anymore...) "Amitie" Echevette

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations to your mother !!

Anonymous said...

A new cross stitch addict
Very nice
And her next step will be ... may be to create a blog... :-)

Anonymous said...

Its lovely

Congratulations to your mum

Anonymous said...

Wow, that is really something for a first timer. Congratulations to your mom! She made a very lovely piece.

Anonymous said...

For the first time, I think she did a very good job. So, you see, you two are both talented cross stitchers in the family. I'm looking forward to your and her new pieces!

Anonymous said...

How cool! She did a fabulous job!

Anonymous said...

BRAVO !!