Pages

Friday, July 04, 2008

Quaker Animal Exchange FOR Veronica

I saw that Veronica posted on Quaker Inspired blog that she has safely received my "The Workbasket Quaker Animal Exchange" piece which is one of project of Quaker Inspired blog, so I'm going to share what I've made for her!

It was very hard to choose what animal to stitch for her, but I had very nice over dyed thread just for flog and also the fabric, so after long time thinking I've decided to stitch flog...
But I recently knew that the "flog" is not good meaning at stitching field, in English... I hope she didn't mind what I've sent for her this "flog"...
I didn't mean it, at all... ('~';)

This time also I couldn't find a nice idea how to finish this off, as I stitched this on 28ct fabric, it became a bit big, so I made this into a tasseled pillow again...

These (see the last post...) were the first time for me to make tasseled pillows, but I quite like how these turned out!
So I think I will make some tasseled pillows from now on! :D

Here is the photo of backing fabric which I used for this flog pillow.
The colour matches so well with the thread colour, the photo is a bit blurry, though...
The chart has three motifs of Quaker Animals, and I also have another chart of this series, so I would like to stitch some of them for myself in the future, as it was very fun to stitch and also these Quaker Animals are very lovely!

Anyway, I do really hope that she liked what I've sent for her!

Recently I haven't been taking Grass Hedgehog's photo at all, as she looks the same as before!
If there was something change, I would take a photo of her and will upload the photo here!



Design : "Quaker Flog" © The Workbasket
Fabric : 28ct Cashel Linen - Vintage / Vintage Green (6159)
Thread : Needle Necessities Inc. Floss Overdyed (unknown col.)
Finished as : (Tasseled) Mini Pillow

21 comments:

Nancy said...

This is a beautiful frog Yuko! The color of green is very nice, and your tassels look very pretty to finish the pillow. You have done gorgeous stitching and finishing, as always!

Carol R said...

Cute frog Yuko! You chose a lovely green and those tassels are just perfect. Well done.

Dolci Fusa said...

It is lovely, Yuko,
thank you so much!
The colour is so fresh and the finish is perfect.
Thank you for the goodies too.
I'm going to post it in my personal blog too.
Hugs,
Veronica

Ele said...

Dear Yuko,
the frog looks cute and gorgeous, I like it very much!
Which thread did you use for it?
Can you tell me, which designer it created?

So many questions...

Thanks and greetings
Gabriele

Ele said...

Sorry Yuko,
that's me again...after scrolling I saw all the informations!

Thanks
Gabriele

Carol said...

Yuko - your quaker frog is adorable! And I see you have really mastered those tasseled pillows!

Susimac said...

Love that frog its much much nicer than the one thats come to stay here with me at the moment. and its great as a tasselled pillow.

Anonymous said...

That looks like such a fun piece!! Great finish!!

Anonymous said...

It's a very nice frog !

Julie said...

Lovely frog, a wonderful exchange gift

Anonymous said...

what a gorgeous frog the tassels and the material match pefectly well done i love these quaker animals and recently made the turtle keep up the good work

Anonymous said...

Very cute - that's the kind of frog a stitcher wouldn't mind having around!

Tanya Willis Anderson said...

How fun! That frog is wonderful. Great job :o)

Tanya

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

Oh my that is gorgeous! So cute and sweetly finished!

Irene said...

The frog is absolutely wonderful ! The tassels are great and the fabric matches perfectly.

Jane said...

What a gorgeous frog! Your so creative and have done a fantastic job turning it into a tasseled pillow. Love the backing fabrics you choose for these projects too.

Sally said...

Oh, Yuko, what a wonderful frog! I love how you've finished it off:) It is gorgeous!

Olga said...

A very cute frog, the green floss you used for it is perfect. Great job on a tasselled pillow.

Annie said...

He's a beautiful frog! I love the floss you chose and the finishing. You know it is said that you hve to kiss a lot of frogs before you find your prince and I think this one is a prince in disguise!

hohla said...

Very beautiful embroidery!!!

Anonymous said...

I love the colors that you chose. I think that's one frog that I wouldn't mind having visit. Besides, everyone needs at least one in their collection, to help ward about the bad stitching frogs.