Pages

Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Antique Christmas Trees TO Cindy

Happy New Year 2008, everyone!
I hope everyone will have a wonderful year with full of joy and happiness!

It was a few months ago, Cindy and I traded charts each other, but at then I've just sent A chart, but she has sent me wonderful stuffs include stitched gift...

So I felt really guilty and I promised to send presents to her for Christmas in return!

And this is what I've made for her for the last Christmas!
I've stitched this design twice before, one is mine and the other one has presented to my cousin.

I love this design, so I decided to stitch this again to Cindy, too.


Actually I wanted it to be framed, but it's fragile to send to foreign country, so I finished this as a flat fold easel this time! I trimmed around with gold twist code, and made tassel on the right top.

Actually it was the first time for me to make flat fold easel, so I felt relief when this was finished properly! :D I used dark green velvet for the around stitched piece, and it really suit well with gold code, I think!

This is the backing fabric which I used for this flat fold easel.
It's Christmassy and the colour of this fabric is really matches to the dark green velvet and the gold code.

Threads are over dyed threads and I think this is very beautiful.
This design is very small, but when you framed or make flat fold like this, it looks become quite gorgeous!

By the way, I've got an e-mail from Cindy and I've heard that she was so happy to receive what I've sent to her!
So it also made me very happy!!


"Antique Christmas Trees" © JBW designs
32ct Belfast Linen (Willow Green)

14 comments:

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

You did a LOVELY job and I'm sure Cindy was thrilled to the moon and back! Great job!

angelasweby said...

Wow Yuko, this is really beautiful. What a peaceful snowy Christmas scene. I love the design. Is it JBW Designs? Their patterns are always lovely.
I love the way you have finished it, I think these easel finishes are perfect because they can be put on display straight away. Lucky Cindy :>)
Warm wishes Angela

Carla said...

what a beautiful piece! yoir finishing is fantatic!!
Happy New Year!!

Andrea said...

Beautiful Yuko.

samplerlover said...

Hi Yuko, first of all I want to wish you and your family a very Happy New Year.
What a very lucky girl Cindy is to receive such a beautiful gift from you. As usual your work is superb and I love the way you have finished it as an easel. Beautiful. - take care - Sandra.

Anonymous said...

a very very fairy happy new year 2008 to you and your family from a Brittany's Fairy !!
dzing ;o)

Nancy said...

Yuko you have given your friend a very beautiful gift! Your stitching is wonderful, and you finished it amazingly with the green velvet and gold cord. She must be very happy!

Cheryl said...

What a super gift for Cindy! Your stitching and finishing always looks amazing!!

Pumpkin said...

It's absolutely gorgeous Yuko! You are very talented with your finishing :o)

Anonymous said...

Another lovely finish of yours. Congrats!

Cindy said...

I am enjoying this beautiful sampler very much! Thank you again, Yuko :)

Sally said...

That is an absolutely beautiful finish Yuko:)

Hazel said...

That is a lovely finish and a very pretty design. xx

Anonymous said...

I just found your blog. Your stitching and finishing is very nice! I look forward to seeing your future projects. :)