Pages

Wednesday, July 01, 2009

The Velveteen Rabbit

I received a lovely mail from my cousin about the Birthday present, so I feel happy and relief that I heard that she loves it so much!
She will come over here in the summer holiday, so we are very looking forward to spend time together!

By the way, here is my new finish! Very tiny lovely rabbit!
This is a sweetie's favourite (also my favourite) book, "
The Velveteen Rabbit (digital library)" by Margery Williams Bianco, illustrated by Komako Sakai ( I LOVE her illustrations!! ), and I red on my friend's blog that someone patterned this rabbit for cross stitch, so I left her a comment to give me the pattern, too.



This was patterned by jojo, she kindly gave me a chart and now we are e-mailing.
jojo sometimes left me comments here!
Thank you, jojo for this lovely pattern and comments! :)


It was so fun to stitch this tiny rabbit, once I saw the pattern, I wanted the stitched piece in this dark rich brown frame, and when I counted the linen that I wanted to stitch on, it was perfect for this frame, so I was very happy and couldn't resist to start to stitch!


I didn't have (actually I couldn't find) some recommended threads, so I changed a bit, but it's still lovely, isn't it?!
I stitched on 28ct DMC lavender linen, and added lace ribbon around the edge.



Actually this lace is velveteen ribbon, but velveteen parts were hided back on the frame, shame...
I showed this finished piece to Sweetie, he loved it so much and hugged it! :) lovely boy!

Now I'm working on Biscornu for Biscornu Exchange (Japanese group), Mary Wigham SAL, "Summer Joy" © CCN and "The Three Pigs" © Prairie Schooler for Sweetie.
Sweetie is very looking forward to see the finished piece of "The Three Pigs", but sorry Sweetie, it will take time until I finish it!

I will do my best for it! :)
Oh! I shouldn't forget to stitch for my dearest friend's baby sampler...

I should organize my WIPs and my mind!!
I will write down my WIPs and UFOs here and organize them next time!

Thanks for visiting, and take care!

Happy Stitching!






Design : "The Velveteen Rabbit" © jojo
Fabric : 28ct DMC lavender linen
Thread : DMC



20 comments:

Sheila said...

What a sweet rabbit and I love how you have put lace around the inside of the frame - very pretty :)

connie said...

The velveteen rabbit is one of my favorite childrens books..nice stitching..

Edit said...

It was a very nice idea to stitch "someone" from your little son's favourite book :)

Annie said...

That is just the sweetest piece. Your stitching and finishing really show it off. The lace is such a nice idea.

Rachel said...

Such a cute rabbit! The Velveteen Rabbit was a favorite of my sister and I when we were growing up!

I love the way you finished the design.

Can't wait to see your other projects.

Nancy said...

Your stitched Velveteen Rabbit is very pretty Yuko! I love the dark wood frame and the lace edges. Enjoy your other stitching projects too.

I am happy that you will get to visit with your cousin during the summer! Have fun!

Margaret said...

Oh I love that! It's just adorable -- and I love how you framed it as well!

Berit said...

I LOVE that rabbit! But, the story is just too sad... ;(

Patricia Lessell said...

I love rabbits and this one is just about the cutest I have seen. The frame is perfect for it and the lace around it is so pretty. You always finish things so beautifully. Lots of Love Patti xxx

staci said...

How sweet is this finish??? And I love the Velveteen Rabbit too! Another sweet bunny tale is "The Miraculous Journey of Edward Tulane" by Kate DiCamillo.

Anna van Schurman said...

The Velveteen Rabbit is one of my favorites too. Love the finish!

Anonymous said...

I do so love to see all your beautiful stitching, and the lace finish on the edges of your little rabbit looks perfect.
Love from Lynda in the UK!

Carol R said...

Sweet little rabbit - I am sure Sweetie loves it!
[[[hugs]]]

CindyMae said...

Oh the rabbit is just too cute! Great job!

Cindy Mae
Shop is now open:
www.cindymaedesigns.com

Anna Zont said...

OOO! The rabbit is so sweet!!!
And finishing is very interesting!

Carmen said...

oh so cute rabbit!!!i love it.
Yuko, i change my uirl,the new one is:
http://blog-stitchingdoris.blogspot.com/

have a nice weekend.

Dovilė said...

so sweet:)

Marjorie said...

I love love love the lace around the outside! This is so cute and your little boy is just adorable.

jojo said...

So cute!!
I'm very touched you steched and finished that pattern politely.
Thank you so much!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.