Pages

Wednesday, May 27, 2009

"Lilly Of The Valley" - Heart Shaped Ornament

Finally I finished my favourite flower and design "Lilly of the valley".
I stitched two pieces of this design, as I fell in love with this beautiful pattern!
The one I stitched on 40ct linen, I finished into a heart shaped ornament like
danybrod has done.

I liked her heart shape so much, so I copied it, I hope she doesn't mind about this...
And tied Lilly of the valley with dark green organza ribbon, also used for hanging.

I sewed this by hand so the shape looks not so good, though it's still beautiful with this design, I think!

Can you see the canework which is placed back of this ornament with artificial flowers?
This is my mum's work. She has done so many beautiful and wonderful canework for several years ago, though she's got tenosynovitis, so she quit it...



Anyway, here is a back side, I used light green flower motif fabric for the back.
A close up photo is below...

I made another piece into... secret yet!
I will show you on the next post, actually I like an another one very much, so I gave this heart shaped ornament to my mum, as I knew she would love this!

Please look forward to see an another one on the next post!
I don't know which one you might like, though!
Take care + Thank you for your visit!
Happy stitching!




Design : "The lilly of the valley" (Freebie) © Danybrod
Fabric : 40ct newcastle flax linen
Thread : DMC

Finished as : Heart Ornament

23 comments:

Evik said...

Very nice! :))

Carmen said...

beautiful and lovely lilly of the valley, the heart shape is so pretty, the back fabric is great too.

zigzago said...

Just beautiful! I love the lilly of the valley too, and I love their perfume! Renata.

Jane said...

What a beautiful heart, Yuko! I love the green ribbon touch you added to it and your stitching is wonderful!!

Nina said...

This heart is simple beautiful!!
This shape is so nice :)

Tammy said...

Beautiful Yuko!

Anonymous said...

This is really very beautiful. I like the colours you used very much.

Nancy said...

This is a beautiful heart Yuko, and your mum must be so happy to have it!

Your strawberries look delicious. They do not look sour! And, your Blackbird Designs stitch will be beautiful I know.

Take care!

Julie said...

A pretty ornament!

Anonymous said...

Yuko! This is absolutely sweet and beautiful!! I love love love Lily of the Valley.

Your Mom's wreath is just as pretty. I can see that both mother and daughter are extremely creative!

Thanks for sharing.

valerie said...

Lovely heart ornie...the finishing looks great. Love the bow you added.

Deb said...

Very, very pretty!

Loreta said...

This heart is so beautiful!

εїз BorBoLeTA εїз said...

its beatiful¡¡¡¡ congratulations

Dorothy said...

Beautiful work as always, Yuko.
Thanks for sharing.

Theresa said...

This is so pretty~~~~~ Your finish is always amazing!!

Brigitte said...

Wonderful stitching and finishing. I love this shape of a heart very much.

Sally said...

What a beautiful finish Yuko. So wonderfully stitched and the heart is perfect:)

Anonymous said...

i love your heart and the lily of the valley design is just wonderful well done you.. your mums wicker work is great. and i hand sew all my work so well done you.

Anna Zont said...

Beautiful!

Susan @ Real Girl Designs said...

That is so cute, Yuko! Congratulations on your finish.

Dovilė said...

very nice Yuko:)

Solstitches said...

How very lovely your heart shaped ornament is Yuko and I love the arrangement your mum has made.
It makes a beautiful photograph.

Margaret