Pages

Friday, May 08, 2009

[Edited] Lily Of The Valley

May's flower "Lily of the valley" is called "Suzuran" in Japan.
I didn't know that in France, 1st of May is the "Day of Lily of the valley" and send this flower to family, friends, etc... and is said this flower brings you happiness!

What a sweet day! That's why I saw so many Lily of the valley's images or photos, etc... on the French blogs on 1st of May...

I saw this freebie on Dany's blog (she is one of my heroine!), and couldn't resist to stitch them!
Her finishing is so pretty and beautiful as always!

* Some friends noticed me that the link to the freebie has already gone from her blog...
Brigitte told me the freebie chart is not on Dany's blog any longer but one can certainly get from her when sending her an email.


I stitched twice, one is on 40ct linen, and another one is on 30ct linen band.
Now I'm thinking how to finish them! :D

This is so beautiful design, and so my mum also fell in love with this as she saw I'm stitching...
I knew it, mum, so I prepared materials for two!


[ Lily of the Valley ]

Code for flowers : Pure, Happiness returns


I hope finishing work will go well, I will do maybe tomorrow if I didn't go out.
From today, I will try to write "Strawberry Diary", about strawberries that we planted!
We also planted tomatos, so will probably write "Tomato Diary", too (lol)








Photos were taken 4th of May, 2009.

This hand is my son's (nearly 4 years old) hand, so you can maybe imagine how small the strawberry is.

Strawberries white lovely floweres are still blooming, so we will probably pick them a lot than we expected!


It's so fun to observe them, when floweres finished, fruits
are appear a little by little...
My son is also observating them together, and he is very expecting to pick them (but he doesn't eat fruits and veges... he is a very picky boy!)

I will try to take photos of them later and post them sometime!






Design : Lily of the valley © Danybrod Avril 2009
Fabrics : 40ct unknown linen (natural) + 30ct Linen Band (natural?)
Threads : DMC (I changed some colour and used ; #987, #3012, #934, #B5200)


22 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very beautiful pattern , and your stitching is just as wonderful as always..I wonder how you'll finish them.I'm sure the result will be splendid.
greetings:Manka

staci said...

Very pretty stitching Yuko! I love seeing the 30ct and 40ct side by side :)

Dovilė said...

Very beautiful :) I wish to stitch this too, I love Dany design:)

Loreta said...

Your stitching is so beautiful!

Patricia Lessell said...

Just gorgeous and I can't wait to see what you make them into. Also those strawberries are just so cute and I bet they will taste delicious. Lots of love Patti xxx

Szentpyr said...

Nice stitching!:) I love Dany's works too! I'm waiting for your finish!

Susan @ Real Girl Designs said...

Beautiful, Yuko. I can't wait to see your finishes!

Dora said...

So pretty and delicate, Yuko.
Can't wait to see your finish.

hohla said...

Very beautiful,Yuko!!!

Theresa said...

This is sooo beautiful!!!!!!

María said...

¡Te ha quedado precioso!! ¡¡Es muy bonito!! Me encantan los gráficos de Dany.
Un saludo, María.

Nihal said...

The beauty of small hands and flowers always touch me. Lily will fade and finally die, but you made it lasting with a gorgeous stitching.

Carmen said...

beautiful stitching,i wait for your always beautiful finish.

Nancy said...

Your stitching is beautiful Yuko, and I know your finishing will be too! Dany has a lovely blog. I visit it all the time too!

Wonderful that you planted strawberries and tomatoes. I will look forward to reading your diaries.

Have a good day Yuko!

Deb said...

There are beautiful. Can't wait to see your finishes. And Dany does have some wonderful things on her blog.

dany said...

Merci d'avoir aimé !
Je t'embrasse et te souhaite une belle soirée

Marsha said...

How pretty. My husband and I married on May 1st 33 years ago. Lily of the Valley is my favorite flower and that was all I wanted on my wedding day. I ended up with yellow roses and a few lilies. Thanks for the link and I want to stitch them also. Very nice stitching and pictures.

Carla said...

Your lillies are beautifuly emboidered. I also didn't know about this link between lillies and 1st of May in France. I saw some nice patterns of lillies in many french blogs, so, I noticed that.

I will follow your "strawberry diary". hahahha! Very different, very funny. I loved the idea.

Bonnie said...

Yuko - your stitching is exquisite. I would love to have a copy of your Lily-of-the-Valley chart as my birthday is this month, and this is the flower for May. Thank you so much.

lolly said...

Fantastic creations!As always of however!

Brigitte said...

This little flower is always beautiful, stitched and in the garden.
The freebie chart is not on Dany's blog any longer but one can certainly get from her when sending her an email.

Irene said...

Both look very lovely !