Pages

Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Snow, Snow, Snow!!!

Last Sunday, when we woke up we were really surprised that everything was covered with snow!!!
It's quite rare for us to have lots of snow around here, so it was a big surprise to us!

Even if it snowed, it is usually powdery snow, roads were covered with a thin layer of snow, so it becomes slushy and dirty, so I didn't like snow much.
But this time was totally different, there were more than 10 cm snow, and was still snowing!
Actually I have never seen such a snowy scene ever since, so I was quite excited like a child.
I have never been to skiing or snowboarding in my life, even though my husband is a snowboarder (he was a snowboard instructor in Colorado, US, when he was young)...

These photos were taken in our garden.

But on such a snowy day, I had to go to see a doctor, so I caught a bus then went to a hospital...
I was almost slipping many times (lol, it was so scary!!), so as I was carefully walking, it took so much time to go back home...
I thought it won't melt soon and I won't be able to drive up to the city for shopping for a few days or more, I bought lots of groceries on that day.
My guess was right, there are still lots of snow left, especially on our backyard.
It quitted once, but now it's snowing again...
I think tomorrow morning we will see everything is covered with snow again!
Uhhmmm, happy or unhappy???
My son will ask me to make a big snowman again, brrrr I hate cold weather!!


By the way, I've got sweet gift from Angela in the UK more than a week ago, but I was ill past one week, so haven't been able to post it yet...
Sorry Angela, I will update what I've received from you in the next post! :D

Thank you so much everyone for stopping by my blog and thank you so much for lovely comments!
I really appreciate them all!
I love to read your comments, please feel free to leave comments anytime! Thank you!

19 comments:

Mindi said...

I hope you're feeling better soon! I love the pictures you took of the snow covered plants.

Nancy said...

I hope the Spring weather arrives soon for you in Japan because you do not like the cold, but the pictures of the snow in your garden are so beautiful! Take care Yuko, and I hope you feel better very soon!

Bine said...

I like the pics of your snowy garden plants very much :) Doesn't everything looks awesome covered with white snow?
I hope you feel better soon.
Take care!

Anonymous said...

thank you !!i love your univers

Carla said...

I love snow! To bad that here in Lima it never snows :S
Sorry to read you were ill last week, hope you are feeling better now :)

Dani - tkdchick said...

You can have my snow at any time!

Hope you're feeling better!

Anonymous said...

Pretty pictures! Sorry to hear it is so cold, but I think the snow looks beautiful. :) Hope you are feeling better.

Cindy said...

I hope that you are feeling better :)

Very cool that you got some snow! We have had more than our fair share here lately. I don't mind it as long as I can be out doing something fun (like skiing!) in it or not have to go driving through it :)

XXXdomy said...

Sorry to read that you are ill, just take care of you, I hope you will feel better soon.
The pictures are very beautiful, your son must be very excited playing in the snow and making snowmen !!
I haven't found your last mail, just send me another one :-))

XXXDomy

Sally said...

I hope you're feeling better soon.

I love your beautiful snow pictures. I long for some big snowfalls here!

Mylene said...

Wonderful pictures taken at your garden.
Sorry to hear you were ill lately, hope you are feeling much better now.

Pumpkin said...

Oh, that must have been very neat for you! Especially not seeing it for such a long time. Welcome to my world ;o) I can send you some more. LOL!

Lovely pictures!

I hope you're feeling better :O)

Patricia Lessell said...

I am so glad the snow excited you. I haven't seen snow like that in many years. I hope you feel better soon. Love Patti xxx

Joy said...

Ooooh, Yuko those photos are just beautiful! I love seeing snow as I live in the desert where we can only see it in the mountains! I hope you are feeling better. Not fun to have to go to the doctor ~ especially in that kind of weather.

Angela said...

Yuko,
You have treated us to some beautiful snowy pictures. Everything looks so crisp and fresh :>) Thank you.

I hope everything went okay with the new doctor :>)
Thinking of you. hugs, Angela

Anonymous said...

It's so strange, near Paris we should have a cold weather at this period of the year, and this week we have a blue sky and a warm Sun; all plants believe that it is Spring already, and some flowers are coming out, they are crazy ! Be carefull not to slip and fall on the floor :-)

Hearty Bakes said...

Thanks Yuko for sharing these beautiful snow pictures! It reminds me of the feeling when i first saw snow in Switzerland. How i wish there's snow here :) It's humid here in Singapore.
Hope you are feeling better now. Take care ya.

Susimac said...

What beautiful pictures Yuko, be careful you don't fall when you are out and about. Hope that you are feeling better soon my dear. - Hope that you have got my email too.

Hugs Su x

Elizabeth Braun said...

Kirrei desu ne?

=)