Pages

Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Short Trip : Day 1 in Karuizawa, Nagano

20 Nov, 2008. We left home before 7 am to go to Karuizawa, Nagano Pref. to see my dear friend Fiona and her husband!
I have been depressed these past few weeks somehow, and so my mum and husband suggested me to short trip to change my feeling a bit.

Here is a photo of Bay Bridge in Yokohama.

We stopped to take a rest and had some food at parking area.
My sweetie asked me so many times where we are going to, and I answered him "We are going to see Fiona today", he has met her once at IKEA so he was excited to heard of it!!

Here is a photo of view of Mt. Fuji from a car.
I forgot where about we could see it from....

Ohhhh.... thanks for safe drive hubby, we finally arrived to Nagano!
It took about 4 hours 30 minutes to get there, here is a photo of Mr. Asama which is an active volcano.
The weather was very fine! Yahoo!


Fiona and I had promised to meet up at her restaurant at noon, and finally we could see again!!!
We have met at IKEA by chance about a year ago, though it has been about 10 years since the last time we formally saw each other!

She could have day off for us, so we all had lunch at her restaurant Kastanie, we talked a lot and had delicious lunch! That was so fun!!

After lunch, she took us to her new house, and she also took us for a walk to big park for my son.
Beautiful coloured leaves and a trail, aren't they?






We almost have no chance to play in such a beautiful nature in our city, so my son was so excited to play with fallen leaves!
That was so nice to see him playing in nature!



After we back her home, we had cozy time there, had tea, talked a lot about our old stories, etc...
Fiona and I were flat mate (share mate) in Sydney when I was there, but we lived together only for 2 months, but we became very good friends!





We had Yakiniku (Korean style BBQ) for dinner!
My husband wanted to have alcohol, but I was not sure how to get to the pension where we were going to stay, so he had to be patient! :(


Our first day was so fun, thanks to Fiona, I really enjoyed my time!

I will report our Day 2 and Day 3, later!

Thanks for your visit!


Take care + Happy Stitching!

14 comments:

Annie said...

If this trip doesn't cheer you up, I don't know what will. It looks like you had such a lovely time. And you all look beautiful (even with hidden eyes!). The photos even cheer me up by just looking at them.

Hazel said...

Oh wow looks like you are having a great time. Hope the depression goes soon for you. Some wonderful photos - thanks for sharing. x

Nancy said...

Thank you for sharing your photos. It looks like you had such a nice time with your friend. You have a lovely family Yuko, and you are so pretty and look so sweet. (I love your shawl.) I hope you feel better soon!

Carol R said...

Wonderful pictures Yuko- thanks for sharing!

Rachel V said...

Beautiful photos, Yuko!
You are a lovely woman and have a lovely family. Looks like you are enjoying some great food and fun sightseeing!

Nina said...

Thanks for more photos, Yuko!
And nice to meet you :)
You are a beautiful woman and you have wonderful family and friends!

Olga said...

Looks like you had a great time with your friends. Great pictures!

Pam said...

Great pictures.
It looks like a fantastic trip!

Concha said...

Thanks for showing these photos, has been a very nice post.
All of you are charming!!

Theresa said...

Sounds like you had a great time!!!! I hope you are all cheered up and ready to stitch more again~~ You have very beautiful family and friend!!!

Edgar said...

What a super trip and thank you for sharing the photos!!!- I love Yakikniki!! - now I need to go an get some for supper!! That was a lovely PIF you made for Margaret! H

Irene said...

Glad to hear you had a good time, the pictures are great !

Mãe da Rita said...

You are beautiful and you look as sweet as when we read your words... The photos are great, you have a weather close to ours, I think: blue skies and cold. Your son is lovely and the trip must have been very nice! Hugs! (there's some cross stitch in my place...), MJ

Anonymous said...

You've got a beautiful shawl on these pictures ,Yuko !